There are two ways to gain admission to the PhD programme:
- apply for a post as doctoral research fellow
- apply for admission with external funding
The starting date for new PhD candidates is usually February 1, and September 1.
In order to apply for a post as a doctoral research fellow at the Faculty of Theology, there must be one or more vacancies. Application deadlines can vary.
Successful applicants will be employed by the University while taking a PhD degree and will have the same rights and obligations as other employees.
You can apply for admission to the programme if your PhD is to be funded by another institution or activity. You must be affiliated with an active research environment. External funding can be:
- doctoral research fellowship at a university college/other university,
- other employment in an academic institution, with time available for own research
- other funding arrangements
There are two application deadlines every year: 15 April and 15 October.