My interests concern the dynamics between religious change, especially in Church of Norway, and cultural change. My dissertation (2017) was a study of how current trends in Christian spirituality within Church of Norway implicitly reflected the cultural images and ideals of the secular age. I like to explore the (often implicit) theologies that are embedded in practices, and to engage them in contextual as well as critical theological reflection. Most of my work belong to practical theology and public theology.
- Ledelse, roller og samspill i menighetene
- Spesialprest i livssynsåpent samfunn
- Prest og teolog i praksis 2017
After studying theology and intellectual history at the University of Oslo, I was ordained in 2003. I served as a chaplain in the northern town of Hammerfest from 2003 to 2007. I have thought courses on graduate and post-graduate programs in practical theology at the University since 2007. I started as Lecturer at Practical Theological Seminary, and have been Associate Professor at the Faculty of Theology since 2017.
- Editor of Nytt norsk kirkeblad (https://www.tf.uio.no/forskning/publikasjoner/nytt-norsk-kirkeblad/
- Associate Professor in Practical Theology
- Leader of practical theological training