Elisabeth Tveito Johnsen
My research area is contemporary religious and educational practices in religious and secular institutions. I am currently involved in research on how first year students experience religious education at high school and religion as a subject at the university, and enactments of Christian cultural heritage in schools and public television. I have conducted research on religious education activities, services and sermons in Church of Norway, with a particular interest in developing a theoretical understanding of empirical practical theological research. The theoretical framework I have pursued has been socio-cultural learning theory, practice theory, activity theory and material semiotics. The research has been undertaken within ethnographic research designs, dominated by participant observation, interviews and document analysis.Write a few words here about your academic interests.
TFF1002 Lived religion in Norway.
TEOL2500 Theology in practice 1
- TEOL4020 Theology in practice 3
- Phd: Empirical methods
- 2017 – Associate Professor, Faculty of Theology, University of Oslo
- 2015-2017 - Associate Professor, Practical Theological Seminary
- 2009-2014 - Lecturer, Practical Theological Seminary (50%)
- 2009-2014 - PhD-student, Faculty of Theology (50%)
- 2005-2008 - Lecturer, Practical Theological Seminary, University of Oslo
- 2004-2005 - Research Advisor, The Commission of abuse, neglect, parental supervision and forced placement in Childcare institutions used by the Municipality of Oslo 1954-1993, County Governor of Oslo and Akershus
- 2002-2004 - Pastor, The Oslo Diocese, Church of Norway
- 1998 -2000 - Information Officer, The Norwegian aids associationBrief presentation of previous work experience and education
- Experience of organizing scientific meetings
2016-still: The Nordic Network of Practice and Theology, organizing biannual conferences, member of the Nordic steering committee, and member of the local program committee when the conference was in Oslo in 2019 at MF school of theology, religion and society.
2017-still: The Norwegian Association of Practical Theological Research and Education, organizing annual seminars, member of the executive committee responsible for the seminars.
2017-2018: The Transatlantic PhD-seminar with partner universities in Oslo, Norway, Pietermaritzburg/Durban, South Africa, New York, USA and Sao Leopoldo, Brazil, organizing annual courses, member of the executive committee and head of the local committee organizing when the seminar was in Oslo (2017). Took part at a panel speaker, in plenary discussions, and contributing with responses to PhD projects in Pietermaritzburg (2018)
- Other key scientific or academic merits
- 2020 March and 2019 February: Hosting Associate professor Kirstine Helboe Johansen as visiting scholar, Faculty of Theology, University of Oslo.
- 2020 and 2018: Panel member, research environment grant within humanities and social sciences, the Swedish Research Council
- 2020 Member of assessment committee for 3 PhD and 3 PostDoc positions, Faculty of Theology, University of Oslo
- 2020: Invited keynote “Marketization of congregations?” at the Nordic network of Churches in the Nordic countries, MF School of theology, religion and society
- 2019-still: member of the research strategy committee, Faculty of Theology
- 2019: Member of assessment committee for associate professor in Practical theology, MF School of theology, religion and society. 2015: Member of assessment committee for senior lecturer in Practical theology, MF School of theology, religion and society. 2010-2014: External member of the research project “Learning and knowledge trajectories in congregations” led by Professor Geir Afdal.
- 2020-still: program leader of the BA program "Religion and society"
- 2019-still: Member of International Society of Empirical Research in Theology (ISERT) 2019-still: Member of the International Academy of Practical Theology (IAPT) 2016-still: Member of the steering committee, Nordic Network for Practice and Theology. 2016-still: Member of the Network for Ethnography and Ecclesiology. 2009-still: Member of the Norwegian network of religious education.
- 2018 and 2020: Member of review panels, Research Environment Grant HS & Migration and Integration 2018, the Swedish Research Council
- 2017- Scientific Editor of the journal https://www.idunn.no/kok?languageId=2
- 2018 Leader of the Master program in Theology, Faculty of Theogy
- 2017- Member of the reference group of Research, Innovation and Competence Development (FIKS), University of Oslo
2016- Leader of the division of Practical theology, Faculty of Theology