Helena Margrethe Strandli Schmidt
Doctoral Research Fellow - Fagseksjonen
Phone +47 22850361
Visiting address Blindernveien 9 Domus Theologica 0371 Oslo
Postal address Postboks 1023 Blindern 0315 Oslo
Belonging, contemporary citizenship theory, diaconal studies, meals and eating, mobility, migration, strangers.
Spring 2022 REDI4001 Religion and Migration
Fall 2021 TFEXFAC
Fall 2021 TFF1002 Levd Religion i Norge
- Master’s degree in Professional Ethics and Science of Diaconia, Faculty of Theology, 2013
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics with clinical postgraduate certification, Oslo (2009)
Relevant professional background
- 2014-2017: Team leader and job counsellor, Unikum, Kampen Omsorg +.
- Working with marginalisation and belonging, work-training focusing on practical abilities, language training and qualifications combined with health- and social evaluation and guidance.
- 2011-2013: Project Assistant for HEROS, Heterotopic Hospitality - Spaces of Others, Faculty of Theology
- 2004 - 2010: Health- and social work, Oslo Kommune
Schmidt, Helena M. Strandli (2019). What about no-bodies? Embodied belonging, unspecific strangers, and religious hospitality in Norway. In Bendixsen, Synnøve Kristine Nepstad & Wyller, Trygve (Ed.), Contested Hospitalities in a Time of Migration: Religious and Secular Counterspaces in the Nordic Region. Routledge. ISSN 978-0-367-22210-9. doi: 10.4324/9780429273773.
Published Nov. 21, 2017 11:54 AM - Last modified May 10, 2022 3:36 PM