VIDEO: Presentations from the Conference "Never again July 22?"
Presentations held at The House of Literature, Oslo, September 17 2015
(in order of appearance)
Visually recorded presentations
- Åsne Seierstad Reading from “One of Us. The Story of Anders Breivik and the Massacre in Norway"
- Jørgen Watne Frydnes “The Clearing” – the memorial at Utøya
- Prof James E. Young Utøya and Norway’s July 22nd Memorial Process: The Memory of Terror
- Respondent: Jon Reitan [The Falstad Centre, Trondheim]
- Tor Einar Fagerland The Creation of the 22 July Centre in the Government quarter
- Prof Emeritus Ronald L. Grimes Talk & Filmscreening of Condolence and Commemoration: A Daughter’s Song
- Respondent: Knut Christian Myhre [University of Bergen]
- Prof Jone Salomonsen & the REDO project Is how we remember July 22 significant for how we do democracy? Multiworkshop as method and pedagogy, + Filmscreening of July 22 Examined
- Respondent: Michael Noah Weiss [Philosopher, Teacher]
- Tonje Brenna What are the political worktasks post-July 22?
- Prof Roger Griffin A Conservative Revolution of Humanity? Breivik’s racial-‘Christian’ counter-jihad and how civil society should respond
- Prof Chantal Mouffe Democracy and Conflict: An Agonistic Approach
Panel debate: What is at stake for democracy and society with the rise of extremist ideologies?
Introductions to panel debate
- Rev. Dr & Canon Trond Bakkevig The rise of extremist ideologies: what is at stake for religion and Church?
- Jonas Gahr Støre The rise of extremist ideologies: what is at stake for democracy and society?
- Jonas Gahr Støre [Leader of the Labour Party]
- Trond Bakkevig [Rev. Dr & Canon]
- Eskil Pedersen [former Political Leader of AUF]
- Linda Noor [Minotenk]
- Henrik Syse [Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO)]
- Inga Bostad [Director, Norwegian Center for Human Rights, University of Oslo]
- Bernt Hagtvet [Professor, University of Oslo]
Published Apr. 11, 2017 1:51 PM - Last modified Apr. 12, 2017 2:03 PM