- The history and literature of ancient Christianity
- The original contexts of New Testament writings in Second Temple Judaism and the Greco-Roman world, and the subsequent history of their interpretation
- Non-canonical literature from the early centuries of Christianity, especially the apocryphal texts in the Nag Hammadi codices, Codex Tchacos, etc.
- Early Christian mythology concerning creation, the origins of evil, angels, demons, and the problem of theodicy
- Coptic language and literature
- Ancient Greek and Coptic manuscripts and the scribal cultures in which they were transmitted
- Egyptian monasticism
Higher education and employment history
Postdoctoral Fellow, Faculty of Theology, University of Oslo, 2013 - present
Lecturer, Princeton University, Department of Religion. 2010-2012.
PhD 2011, Princeton University: Religions of Late Antiquity
MA 2005, University of Washington: Religion
BA 2002, University of Washington: History
Mrs. Giles Whiting Fellowship in the Humanities (Princeton University, 2009-10)
Program in the Ancient World Fellowship (Princeton University, 2005-09)Feil ved forsøk på å hente publikasjoner fra Cristin