Since 2000, the Faculty of Theology at the University of Oslo has been developing a new area of research and teaching under the heading of "interreligious studies" - see horizon document (pdf) for "Interreligious Studies at the Faculty of Theology" and presentation of the corresponding research group (with links to interreligious courses).
The following overview illustrates the international growth of interreligious studies as a new scholarly field.
Books and articles on Interreligious Studies as an academic field
Cf. Paul Hedges' list Interreligious Studies: The Top 15 Books
- Younus Mirza: "Interreligious Studies. Dispatches from an Emerging Field. (Book Report). Interreligious Studies and Intercultural Theology 5 (1-2), 2021, pp. 200-210.
Hans Gustafson: "Defining the Academic Field of Interreligious Studies." Interreligious Studies and Intercultural Theology Vol 4.2, 2020, pp. 131-154.
Oddbjørn Leirvik: “Area, Field, Discipline.” In Interreligious Studies: Dispatches from an Emerging Field, edited by Hans Gustafson. Waco, TX: Baylor University Press 2020, 17-23.
Anne Hege Grung: “Interreligious or Transreligious?” In Interreligious Studies: Dispatches from an Emerging Field, edited by Hans Gustafson. Waco, TX: Baylor University Press 2020, 58-65.
Hans Gustafson (ed.): Interreligious Studies: Dispatches from an Emerging Field. Waco, TX: Baylor University Press, 2020.
Hans Gustafson: "Pansacramentalism, Interreligious Theology, and Lived Religioni." Religions 10 (7) June 2019.
- Ulrich Winkler, Henry Jansen: Shifting Locations and Reshaping Methods: Methodological Challenges Arising from New Fields of Research in Intercultural and Interreligious Studies. Münster: LIT Verlag, 2018.
- Patel, Eboo; Howe Peace, Jennifer; Silverman, Noah (eds.) Interreligious/Interfaith Studies: Defining a New Field. Boston: Beacon Press, 2018.
- Asep Muhamad Iqbal, Desa Arawati, Abdul Qodir and Khairil Anwar: "Constructing Third Space In A Multi-Religious Society: Interreligious Relations In Kalimantan Tengah, Indonesia." KALAM, Volume 12, Nomer 2, Desember 2018, pp. 353-372 (DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.24042/klm.v12i2.3394).
- Oddbjørn Leirvik: “Interreligious Studies.” In Contested Spaces, Common Ground, edited by Ulrich Winkler, Lidia Rodriguez, and Oddbjørn Leirvik, 33-42. Leiden: Brill, 2016.
- Hans Gustafson: “Is Transreligious Theology Unavoidable in Interreligious Theology and Dialogue?” Open Theology 2016, pp. 248-260.
- Hans Gustafson: “Doing Theology Interreligiously and Interreligious Studies.” In Finding all things in God. Pansacramentalism and Doing Theology Interreligiously. Eugene, Oregon: Pickwick Publications 2015, pp. 299-312.
- Hans Gustafson: "Interreligious and Interfaith Studies in relation to Religious Studies and Theological Studies. Published 6 January 2015 by stateofformation.org
- Anne Hege Grung: “Interreligious or Transreligious.” Journal of Interreligious Studies 2014 (13), pp. 11-14.
- Oddbjørn Leirvik: Interreligious Studies. A Relational Approach to Religious Activism and the Study of Religion. London: Bloomsbury 2014.
- Paul Hedges: "Editorial Introduction: Interreligious Studies", Journal for the Academic Study of Religion, Vol. 27, No. 2, 2014, pp. 127-131.
- Paul Hedges: "Interreligious Studies: A New Direction in the Study of Religion?" Bulletin of the British Association for the Study of Religions, May 2014.
- Oddbjørn Leirvik: "Intereligious Studies: a Relational Approach to the Study of Religion". Journal of Interreligious Studies 13, February 18, 2014.
- Joshua Stanton: "Inter-religious Studies: A Field of its Own?", Huffington Post 22.02.2014.
- Eboo Patel: "Toward a Field of Interfaith Studies", Association of American Colleges & Universities, Fall 2013, Vol. 99, No.4.
- Paul Hedges: "Interreligious Studies", in Runehov, A. and Oviedo, L. (eds) Encyclopedia of Sciences and Religion. New York: Springer 2013, pp. 1076–1080.
- David Cheetham: "The University and Interfaith Education" i Studies in Interreligious Dialogue, 2005: 1, pp. 16-35.
- Scott Daniel Dunbar: "The place of interreligious dialogue in the academic study of religion", Journal of Ecumenical Studies 1998: 3-4. Questia