A seminar for PhD studens within the fields of the Humanities, Law and Theology. The seminar is free of charge, and travel expenses will be covered. Registration opens in August 2020, the application deadline is September 1, 2020.
The theme of this seminar is transmission (more details TBA). As in all ATTR seminars participants will also discuss their ongoing doctoral dissertation work with each other.
Academic Skills workshop
More details TBA.
- The seminar equals 5 ECTS
- The seminar is free of charge and most of your expenses (flight tickets, hotel, most meals) will be covered
- Application deadline: September 1, 2020.
- Before the application deadline, make sure that you have uploaded all necessary attachments:
- The PhD paper that you would like to present at one of the PhD seminars. The paper submitted should be part of your ongoing dissertational work.
- New applicants must also include an abstract of their research project, and a PhD program confirmation.
Seminar guide (.pdf)
Central to all ATTR seminars and summer schools are the PhD fellows’ own presentations of papers based on their dissertation work, with prepared responses by other PhD fellows.
Due to the interdisciplinary nature of ATTR, the focus of the discussions will be primarily on methodological matters and interdisciplinary insights.
The PhD seminars are important means to the ATTR learning goals:
- Writing and presentation skills: The seminars aim not only at providing a setting for constructive discussions relating to thesis work, but also at preparing the candidates for life after their dissertations. ATTR thus aims to hone students’ presentation and writing skills, skills that may be useful for development of research projects for which funding can be sought from, e.g., ERC and RCN.
- Methodology: The objective of ATTR is to create a venue where interpretive methodologies can be critically discussed, evaluated, and developed, so as to broaden the candidates’ perspectives and heighten the quality of their analyses.
- Networking: In all its activities, the creation of an interdisciplinary network of young scholars in order to ensure the highest possible academic quality of PhD education is a central goal of ATTR.
Please contact the ATTR Head of Administration / Leonora O. Bergsjø.