Practicalities: Financial matters
The Faculty of Theology, University of Oslo, is the administrering institution of the Network. This means that the NordForsk funding is allocated through the Faculty of Theology. As with all the other Nordic countries and Network institutions, the control with the money is very strickt and subjugated to internal control routines. The following is a description of the best ways for the Network institutions (and participants) to bill or get refund for expences the Network is supposed to cover.
Network institutions responsibility
For each seminar there will be persons and institutions in charge of all practicalities. This host-institution will also be responsible for budgets and accounts of the seminars.
Preferably all arrangements with participants to the seminars should go through the host-institution.
The host-institutions will in turn either bill or send an invoice to the Faculty of Theology, University of Oslo (see Contact page).
Billing in advance
1. Host institution pays all bills, and send an invoice to the Faculty of Theology (see below).
2. Bills are sent directly from eg. the hotel, catering firms, tour operator, etc. to the Faculty of Theology, with a specification of expence, including the name of the seminar in question. This should be agreed upon with the Faculty of Theology in advance (send an e-mail to this e-mail address).
Always the best way of doing it in order to keep the accountants and auditors happy!
1. Host or each participants home institution pays all bills, and sends detailed accounts (including all receipts, two examples of travelling documents, and a survey of all the expences) to the Faculty of Theology (see Contact page).
2. Each participant pays all bills, and sends detailed accounts (including all receipts, two examples of travelling documents, and a survey of all the expences) to the Faculty of Theology (see Contact page). They have to include detailed payment information on this form.
The host-institution or the participants respective home-institutions can "save up" the expences in connection with each seminar, and send an invoice for the whole amount of expences to the Faculty of Theology, with a title to the invoice indicating the type of expences (eg. "Seminar expences 2005: Gender perspectives on Early Christianity"). Only an institution can send an invoice (no private persons).
This is the easiest way (for the administrator in Oslo...!) to get a refund.
It is also possible to send an invoice to the Faculty of Theology before the seminar, with an estimate sum. After the completion of the seminar your institution has to correct this sum through a credit note or another invoice to be in accordance with the final accounts after the seminar.
This should be agreed upon with the Faculty of Theology in advance (send an e-mail to this e-mail address).
Advance coverage of expences
Unfortunately this is not possible!
Information needed to bill or get refund for expences
The Faculty of Theology needs certain information in order to pay bills or to refund/ pay invoices from the institutions.
1. As detailed information as possible regarding the nature of the expences.
2. If it is a refund:
- detailed accounts including all receipts, two examples of travelling documents (tickets, booking confirmation, internet bank-account transcript, netpage transcript, travel-itinerary, etc.), and a survey of all the expences
- For participants it will have to include detailed payment information on this form.
3. Complete information for electronic fund transfers (IBAN-numbers, SWIFT-code, institutional details, etc).