Webinar: MSCA Master Class 2020
We are launching a Master Class for those applying for the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) Individual Fellowship Call 2020 (deadline 9 September 2020). Due to the current situation with the corona virus, the Master Class will be held as a webinar on Zoom. The Master Class is a cooperation between the Faculty of Social Sciences, the Faculty of Educational Sciences, the Faculty of Law, the Faculty of Theology and the Museum of Cultural History. The Master Class is for invited candidates only.
The aim of the Master Class is to attract and train highly motivated researchers to successfully apply for an MSCA Individual Fellowship. Participants are expected to submit an application.
Master Class Program
Day 1: 18 May 2020
- 12.15-12.45: The Zoom Room opens
- 12.45-13.00: Welcome. Introduction to the seminar, and to the University of Oslo
- 13.00-14.00: Introduction to Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions
Per Magnus Kommandantvold, Norwegian Research Council
- 14.00-14.15: Break
- 14.15-15.15: MSCA-IF fellow describes the application process
Dr. Zaida Ayorech
Day 2: 19 May 2020
10.00-12.30: Seminar with Aya van den Kroonenberg from Yellow Research.
The Zoom Room will open av 09.30.
- Introduction Marie Sklodowska Curie Actions of H2020 with focus on Individual Fellowships
- Eligibility criteria, evaluation process and evaluation criteria for H2020 MC Individual Fellowship grant proposals
Science & Training
- Before you start writing: project development including coherence
- Excellent Science: Writing Chapters 1.1+3.1
- Excellent Training: writing paragraph 1
The candidates are encouraged to meet up in pairs in the afternoon to discuss their projects.
Day 3: 20 May 2020
10.00-12.30: The seminar with Aya van den Kroonenberg continues.
The Zoom Room will open at 09.30.
CV & Supervision
- Excellent candidates: what are your talents? What are your training goals? Writing Chapter 4including narratives
- Excellent supervisors: writing paragraph 1.3 · Writing paragraphs 1.4 + 2.1
Impact, Management and More
- Expected scientific and societal Impact of the proposed project to be addressed in paragraphs 2.2+2.3 of your proposal
- Writing paragraphs 3.2 + 3.3
- Writing Chapters 5-7
- Concluding remarks
Full program for the Yellow Research seminar (draft) (pdf). Selected candidates and supervisors will be invited to individual clinics in the afternoons on day 2 and 3.