My main research interest is in the broad area of women’s issues, gender, sexuality, culture, and religion (Baha’i and Islam) with a particular focus on Iranian society after the Islamic Revolution, specifically on the situation of religious minorities through the lens of the resistance and agency theory, reconstruction theory over narratives and life experience method.
My current research focuses on the topic of non-recognized religious minority scholars, responses to the oppression in contemporary Iranian society, and it aims to be the voice of Baha’i scholars. In addition it aims to theorize how their resistance provides confirmatory evidence of their belief system.
- PhD in Women’s Studies (May 2017) Thesis topic: “Gender, Resistance, and Religion: Women’s Agency in Post-Revolutionary Iran”, Women’s Study Center, Savitribai Phule Pune University, India
- MA Gender, Culture, and Development Studies, Women’s Study Center, Savitribai Phule Pune University, India (2014)
- MA Sociology, Institution of Higher Education, Tehran, Iran (2003)
- BA Philosophy of Religion, Institution of Higher Education, Tehran, Iran (1999)
Awarded the PhD Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Science and Humanities to Foreign Students from University Grand Commission, New Delhi, India for two years (2014-2016 )
Awarded the Graduate Institute of Social Research and Cultural Studies award at National Chiao Tung University of Taiwan for two months (2016) for an international research project.
Part-time Lecturer in Institute of Higher Education (BIHE), Iran (2017-2020) teaching Research Methodology, Gender studies and Development studies to MA students of Sociology DPT and Public Health DPT.
Guiding MA students for writing their thesis in Sociology subjects , Tehran, Iran (2017- 2020)
Member of the faculty of Sociology at the Institute of Higher Education (BIHE), Iran(2017-2020), MA course.
Working as a teacher for Social studies and Math in Pakistani International School and College, Tehran , Iran ( AUG 2018- 2019)
Working as a research visitor for three months in National Chiao Tung University of Taiwan on a paper.
Member of the Program Coordinator Team at the Institute of Higher Education (BIHE), Iran(2002 – 2004) Jointly managing the examination and schedules, facilitation of lecturers, handled correspondence.
Part-time Lecturer in Institute of Higher Education (BIHE), Iran (1999 – 2003) Taught Logic, Philosophy, Social Principles and Sociological Theories.
- Paper “The Experience of Loneliness” published in Independent.academia.edu, May 2020
- Paper “Peace and Globalization of Human World“ published in Persian in https://www.sid.ir/fa/journal/
- Invited speaker at 15th National Conference of Women’s Studies, 22-25 January 2017 at University of Madras, Chennai, India on “If you had a sister” A glimpse into the issue of “Comfort women” and “Jihadi Brides”. Paper “If you had a sister” A glimpse into the issue of “Comfort women” and “Jihadi Brides” published in online Journal of Interdisciplinary Research .Vol-2, Issue 9.
- Paper “Blackballed Ideology: Understanding how Baha’i doctrine was rejected from mainstream thought in Iran” accepted to publish in International Refereed Journal for Humanities and Social Science” ISSN:2395-7778, Volume 2, 2016.
- Paper “Narratives of Identity; Baha’i Women’s agency and Resistance In post Revolution Iran” published in “Prag Samiksha, A national Refereed Journal for History, Culture and Archaeology”, ISSN2321-659X, Volume III, Aug 2015, No.5.
- Invited speaker at the “Women’s Leadership and Empowerment” international Conference in Thailand on “Non-Violence Resistance: Understanding the concept of agency through life experiences of Baha’i women in post revolution Iran”. Paper to be published in the official conference proceedings publication (March 2016)
- Paper “Non-Violence Resistance: Understanding the concept of agency through life experiences of Baha’i women in post revolution Iran” published in “Research Deliberation, an International Refereed Journal for Humanities and Social Science” ISSN:2395-7778, Volume I, Nov 2015.
- Speaker at the “Diversity, Margins and Dialogue: Local National and Transnational” international conference in the University of Pune on “The everyday in prison and the prison of the everyday in contemporary Iran” (January 2014) Paper published in “Hook, Line and Sinker, Encountering Violence of Culture”, Krantijyoti Savitribai Phule Women’s Studies Center, Dr. Ambedkar Bhavan, University of Pune (2013).
- More than twenty articles in Persian or English published online in Academia.