Find a researcher - Faculty of Theology
Search for name or research topic keywords
- PhD programme
- Application and admission
- Courses and seminars
- New knowledge about the Nordic model
- Large interdisciplinary research effort
The Faculty of Theology hosts the research group NORDHOST (Nordic hospitalities in a context of migration and refugee crisis), and participates in The Public Sphere and Freedom of Expression in the Nordic Countries, 1815-1900
Situated on the coast of present-day Lebanon, the ancient Phoenician city-state of Sidon was in the middle of the crossfire between the Persians, Greeks and Egyptians. A small lump of metal became an important part of their political and economic balancing act.
A national research school in textual interpretation, ATTR offers specialised interdisciplinary training for PhD students within the Humanities, Law, and Theology.
Every second year IAPT organises an international conference. The 2017 conference will take place in Oslo, April 20 - 24, 2017. The host institutions are the Faculty of Theology at the University of Oslo, MF School of Theology and VID Specialized University.
- Good Protestant, Bad Religion? Formatting Religion in Modern Society (GOBA)
- Local Dynamics of Globalization In the Pre-Modern Levant
- New Contexts for Old Texts: Unorthodox Texts and Monastic Manuscript Culture in Fourth- and Fifth-Century Egypt (NEWCONT)
- Reassembling Democracy: Ritual as Cultural Resource (REDO)
- The ambiguous memory of Nordic Protestantism (MEMORY)