Erlend Hovdkinn From
My academic interests are within sociology of religion, and more specific – nonreligion and secularity. My PhD project addresses nonreligion in the Norwegian context. How does the religiously unaffiliated relate to Norway’s cultural heritage of protestant Christianity? Moreover, what constitutes Norwegian nonreligion, politically, socially, existentially and culturally?
- M.A. (Sociology, World Cities and Urban Life) Goldsmiths College, University of London (2011-2012)
- M.A. (Religion and Society) University of Oslo (2009-2011)
Blog posts on Religion: Going Public
- New Atheism in Social Media: More than entertaining mockery? (2016)
- Branding The Church of Norway (2016)
- The Myths of Norse Mythology (2016)
- Religious Stuff and Identity Politics (2016)
- Kampen mot de greske gudene, Humanist 02/16
- Mind the Social, Street Signs 2012/13. Centre for Urban and Community Research, Goldsmiths College, University of London.